Wednesday, July 18, 2012

St.Paul's Cathedral on Overcast Day

St.Paul's Cathedral on Overcast Day by Liza Hirst

It was windy, rainy and overcast but nevertheless great fun painting this view from the rooftop of the One New Change Mall in London. I have painted it before, based on a photograph, but found it much more satisfying painting it plein air - especially in the company of my friends Olha and Maryam.

oil on wood panel - Öl auf Holzplatte - huile sur plaque de bois
15 cm x 15 cm / 5,9" x 5,9"
Sold - verkauft - vendu

5 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

Another great piece! Love the grays. Just sent you an email. What do you think?

Barbara Muir said...

Superb. You rock Liza.

XO Barbara

annechovie said...

Just gorgeous, Liza! Have a nice weekend. xo

Victor Errington said...

Hi Liza.
I follow Pam Holnback and found your Blog. I`m glad pam mentioned you because I like your work. I would like to be a follower of yours but it isn`t the usual following sign up that I`m use`to. Also I would like to receive your latest postings via Email but again there isn`t a link for that. Please help if you can? This painting and Lunch break are fantstic. All the best Liza.
Vic.

Liza Hirst said...

Dear Vic, thank you very much for your kind comment. I am pleased you like my work and want to follow me. You can subscribe to my newsletter if you scroll a bit further down where you see the slot to type in your email address on the right side, just above the pictures of my books.
I'm not quite sure which sign you are referring to in order to follow me. Below each post there is a row of buttons with which you can follow me either on facebook, twitter or others. If that is not what you mean, could you please explain a bit more in detail? I will try to help if I can.
Thanks again and happy painting!
Liza