Monday, June 25, 2012

On and Off

On and Off by Liza Hirst 

 Just a little watercolour sketch for today, painted yesterday on a rainy Sunday. We visited the Royal College Graduates Show today, which I found quite disappointing. Actually very disappointing! There didn't seem to be one piece of work (painting and sculpture that is)that showed either skill or originality or beauty or SOMETHING that spoke to me. Maybe I'm ignorant and just don't get it. Maybe it's really WOW for others but to me it was NOTHING! (Sorry, had to be said.)

4 comments:

CHRIS MURRAY said...

you are not ignorant and you do get it. too bad the show was so disappointing. glad to see your paintings again.

Barbara Muir said...

Sorry you were disappointed. Love the painting. Ah well. Keep painting -- that's what matters.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxBarbara

Liza Hirst said...

Thank you, Chris. I really don't know - people thought the impressionists were terrible at the time, so perhaps the work I saw yesterday is actually fantastic, but I can't see it.

Liza Hirst said...

Thanks so much, Barbara! I didn't have anything interesting to paint, so I picked what was just in front of me, thinking anything is at least an exercise.